Sometimes, while installation you might face “Bitdefender installation has failed” or “Fatal error during installation’. So, in order to fix this error follow each and every step carefully without skipping.
Methods To Fix “Bitdefender Installation Has Failed” Error
Method 1. Restart the Windows Installer Service
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button.
- Then, type “Run” in the search field. Press the enter key from your keyboard.
- On the run dialogue box, type “services.msc” in the respective field. Then, press the enter key from your keyboard.
- As a result, this will open the Services window on your screen.
- Thereafter, scroll down to the listed Windows Installer service.
- Now, double-click on the Windows Installer service to open the window.
- After that, press the “Start” button on the Windows Installer window. In case, if the service is already running press the “Stop” button and then click on Start”.
- Next, click on the “Ok” button.
- After this, enter the “msiexec /unregister” in the Run text box to register the Windows Installer.
Method 2. Edit Ntfsdisable8dot3NameCreation Registry Value
This error sometimes may occur if short file name creation is deactivated. As a result, enabling short file name is another way to fix this error.
- Fist of all, click on the “Start” button.
- Then, type “Run” in the search box and press the enter key from your keyboard.
- On the run dialogue box, type “Regedit” in the respective field. Press the enter key from your keyboard.
- As a result, this will open the Registry Editor on your screen.
- Thereafter, browse to “Computer \ HKey_ LOCAL_ MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ FileSystem” in the registry editor.
- Next, double-click on the Ntfsdisable8dot3NameCreation DWORD to open its Edit DWORD Value window.
- Now, if the DWord value is currently 1, replace its value by entering 0 in the text box.
- After this, press the “Ok” button in order to close the Edit DWORD window.
- Finally, close the Registry Editor window, and then restart your computer.
Method 3. Obtain Full Control To Installation Drive
- First of all, you need to open the “File Explorer” and click “This PC” option.
- After this, right-click on the “Local Disk C” option and select “Properties” from the extended list.
- As a result, this will open the Local Disk(C) Properties window on your screen.
- Thereafter, select the “security” tab at the top of the page.
- After that, click on the “Edit” button to open the Permissions for Local Disk Window.
- Then, select the “System” option and tick mark the “Allow” checkbox next to the Full Control option.
- Next, click on the “Ok” button and close the Permissions window.
- After that press the Advanced button on the drive’s Properties window. Then, tap on the “advance” button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the “Change Permissions” option.
- Now, choose “Systems” on the Permissions tab and click on the “Edit” button to open the Permissions window.
- After this, select “This folder, subfolders, and files” from the drop-down menu list in the “applies” section.
- Next, click on the “Ok” button on the Permissions Entry window.
- Finally, click on the “Ok” button on the other open windows.
Hence, this completes the troubleshooting steps in order to resolve this error.