Bitdefender is an antivirus that provides complete security to your devices against viruses and web-based threats. But sometimes, Bitdefender Services are not Responding due to some errors. Some of the most common issues and its troubleshooting steps are given below.
Cannot Activate Bitdefender Firewall
Sometimes the software shows error while enabling the Bitdefender Firewall service. This is caused by a missing Windows services called Base Filtering Engine. To enable the Bitdefender Firewall, you need to restore the BFE service. So follow the given steps:
- Open Control Panel on your system.
- Then, search for Administrative Tools in the search bar and then select it.
- In the next window, open Services.
- It will show you a list, search for Base Engine Filtering and check its status.
- If the status shows “Stopped”, right-click on it and select properties.
- A dialog box appears. In the startup type field, select Automatic
- Restart Windows after the process is completed.
- If you receive an access denied message when you start the BFE service from step 1, it means you need to set proper permissions for the BFE service in Windows Registry. For that, click on the Windows icon.
- Then, Regedit in the search field and then open it.
- User Account Control pop-up box appears on your screen, click on the Yes button.
- Then, navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\services\\BFE\\”
- After that, right-click on the BFE key located on the left side of the window and select permissions from the list.
- It will show you a dialog box. Click Add, enter Everyone and click on the OK button.
- Now, from the top of the window, click on “Everyone” and then tick the Allow Full Control box.
- Then, click on the OK button.
- Lastly, restart Windows
Now, you will be able to activate the Bitdefender Firewall.
Bitdefender blocks a safe website or online application
Bitdefender provides secure browsing to all its users but sometimes it marks safe websites as unsafe. This results in blocking the websites incorrectly. In that case, you can add a website to the Whitelist. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- Open your Bitdefender application.
- On its main interface, click on the Protection tab located on the left side of the window.
- In the next window, click on Exceptions under the section of Online Threat Prevention.
- It will show you a dialog box. Provide the address of the blocked website or online application into the given field. Then, click on the Add button.
- Lastly, click “Save” to save the changes and close the window.
Bitdefender Scanning Problem
Bitdefender scans your PC and hence protects you from viruses, malware, and threats. But sometimes Bitdefender Services are not Responding while scanning your system. In that case,
Run the Bitdefender Patch
If you are facing an error while scanning. Bitdefender has a patch to fix it.
- First of all, check your Windows Operating system and download the patch accordingly from the Bitdefender support page.
- Then, double-click the downloaded file and click on the Run button. Now, it will start scanning and replacing all the corrupted files.
- After the process is completed, restart your computer.
If it does not resolve the problem, you need to uninstall the software and then reinstall it.
Procedure To Uninstall:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features.
- Then, Find Bitdefender and right-click on it.
- Click Uninstall and then select the remove button.
- Click on the Go tab from the menu bar and then select Applications.
- Then, open the Bitdefender folder.
- Double-click on Bitdefender Uninstaller icon.
- Click on Uninstall and enter your Mac Username and Password.
Procedure To Reinstall:
- Double-click the Bitdefender setup file.
- Then, click on the Run button.
- In the next window, click on the Install Protection button.
- Then, read the Subscription Agreement and click on the Install button. Wait for the installation to complete.