Bitdefender extends unbeatable security cover against ever-growing digital threats. Bitdefender Setup is a simple and quick process that is necessary to experience this world-class protection. Although, it is a smooth and hasslefree process. However, at times, it may encounter a technical glitch. Users may get an error message “Bitdefender Setup Has Encountered An Error”. This usually occurs when you try to “Run” the Installer. As a result, the entire process stops.
It is suggested that users must immediately resolve this issue. This is because delay in the Setup procedure makes your system vulnerable to cybersecurity threats.
How To Fix This Bitdefender Setup Error?
- First of all, ensure that your system is properly connected to a high-speed, stable and secure internet connection. For this, check for any disconnected cables or loose/ damaged wiring. Besides that, restart your router to refresh the settings.
- Along with that, ensure that your computer meets the specified minimum requirements. However, if that is not the case, try the Setup on a different device.
- Besides that, ensure that your computer doesn’t have any pre-installed security software from Bitdefender or another provider. You can use dedicated “Uninstall Tools” to completely remove any previously installed software.
- At times, the downloaded Setup file is corrupted which results in failed Installation. Hence, download the latest file of your purchased product from the official Central page.
- Ensure that your Windows OS is updated.
Manually Add Permissions
- Open your File Folder.
- Then, manually follow the path to access “C:/Program Files/Common Files/Bitdefender/SetupInformation/”.
- Right-click on “SetupInformation” to expand the menu box.
- Select “Properties”.
- Now, click on the “Security” tab to open it.
- Thereafter, click on “Edit”.
- Then, select your “Windows User”.
- After that, tick mark the box beside “Full Control”.
- Finally, click on “Apply” and “OK”.
- Similarly, you can also add permissions for “C:/Program Files/Bitdefender” and “C:/Program Files/Common Files/Bitdefender”.
- At last, restart your computer.
Use Check Disk Tool To Resolve Hard Drive Issues
- Open File Folder on your system.
- Look for the Drive that you want to repair. For instance Drive C.
- Right-click on it and select “Properties”.
- Now, click on the “Tools” Tab.
- Then, click on the “Check/ Check Now” button under the “Error Checking” section.
- As a result, it will check the selected Drive. In case if it detects any error, it will automatically “Scan The Drive” to fix the issue. Alternatively, it will inform you that it hasn’t found any errors on the drive. However, you can click on “Scan Drive” to perform a manual scan.
- Subsequently, if it detects any issue. Then, it will guide you with available options to fix it.
- At last, click on “Close”.
Use Microsoft System File Checker Tool To Repair The Missing Or Corrupted Windows Files
- First of all, open an “Elevated Command Prompt”. For this:
- Click on the “Start” menu.
- Type in “CMD” in the search box.
- Right-click the “Command Prompt”.
- Click on “Run as Administrator”.
- If prompted, enter your “Admin Password” or click “Allow”.
- Now, type “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” in the “Command Prompt”. Then, press the “Enter” key. This will run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. This may take several minutes. Hence, wait for it.
- Thereafter, enter “sfc /scannow” in the “Command Prompt” and press “Enter”. This will scan all the protected system files. In case if it detects any corrupted files. Then, it will replace them with a cached copy located in a compressed folder at “%WinDir%\System32\dllcache”.
- You will have to wait until it completes the verification by 100%.
- After that, it will guide you with specific actions as per the detected issue. Hence, follow the instructions to resolve the issue.